Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life Collector's Edition (DVD)
By Michael Paxton
Includes the complete filmed version of Ayn Rand's play, Ideal
The first authorized film to look at the life and work of the Russian-born author. The writer of such renowned novels as The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged is now the subject of a virtual ". . . multimedia . . . Ayn Rand Fest:," as reported by Newsweek. Written, produced and directed by Michael Paxton, Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life is a flux of events, ideas, emotions and accomplishments—all combining to create a portrait of one woman's genius and point of view. Narrated by Emmy(R) Award-winning actress Sharon Gless, the documentary offers millions of fans the opportunity to relive the drama of Ayn Rand's life and fiction: from her early childhood and escape from Soviet Russia to her struggle and triumph as an American writer whose book sales exceed 500,000 copies annually after five decades in print. Drawing from personal papers and public archives across two continents, the film combines fact, literary fiction and an intimate weave of interviews with intellectual heir Leonard Peikoff, television journalist Mike Wallace, as well as rare photos, film footage and an original film-noire scene from her 1934 play, Ideal. The material captures Rand's life-long themes of reason, rational selfishness and political freedom. Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life, sweeping from pre-Revolutionary Russia to contemporary America, tells the story of a thinker who continues to incite the curiosity of millions.
DISC 1: Widescreen edition of Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life
DISC 2: Bonus Material
* Photo Gallery of some never-before-seen photos: Ayn Rand and Frank O'Connor to Lorne Dieterling, deleted dance sequence from the film, stills from the filmed version of Ayn Rand's play, Ideal, stills of Kay Gonda's "movie roles" from Ideal
* Bonus footage of outtakes from the film: additional interviews with friends of Ayn Rand
* The complete filmed version of Ayn Rand's play, Ideal
* Episode of Filmmakers - an interview with director Michael Paxton on the making of "Ayn Rand: A Sense of Life.
* Cast and crew bios
* Website information and reading list
(DVD, 143 mins., B&W and Color, Widescreen Edition)
This product is available through a third-party vendor and prices may vary.